Subscribe to eNews
Help Us Out
- Step 7 of 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children - Get Involved
- Step 6 of 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children - Act on Suspicions
Browse CAC News
- Pinwheels Will Be Popping Up All Over!
- Celebrating the Child Advocacy Center Volunteers
- CAC Earns Re-Accreditation from National Children’s Alliance
- CAC adds 5 new members to its Board
- American Girl Fashion Show® 2014 Fast Facts
- Champion for Children 2014
In the News
- Fayetteville man (only) gets 45 years in prison
- Twenty Organizations Earn “Partner in Prevention” Designation
- Act Now to Restore Funding to the Victims of Child Abuse Act
- Shaniya Davis Timeline Events from the Fayetteville Observer
- Chief District Court Judge Anna Elizabeth Keever “One In A Generation Kind of Judge”
- E.E. Smith students to perform drama about Child Abuse...
Category Archives: In the News
This man was originally charged with 150 counts of sex crimes in January 2013. He plead guilty to 2 (yes two) counts of sex trafficking of children. #stopchildtrafficking Articles from fayobserver.com December 2013 Fayetteville man sentenced to 45 years in … Continue reading
(Fayetteville, NC) The Child Advocacy Center is pleased to announce that twenty organizations in Cumberland County and the surrounding region have been trained in Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and have earned the designation “Partner in Prevention”. In addition … Continue reading
Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) have been operating since 1985 and now number more than 800 in the United States, serving more than 276,000 children in 2012 alone. These programs have historically been supported through one primary federal funding stream – … Continue reading
Click her for a link to all of the Fayetteville Observer’s online coverage of the Shaniya Davis story – http://fayobserver.com/special/topics/shaniya-davis/shaniya-davis.aspx
I Just Wanna Tell Somebody Flyer PDF
by Risa Ferman, District Attorney, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania via Huffingtonpost.com Read the article here.
Final Recommendations to Attorney General The Attorney General’s Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence has released its final recommendations for a national response to address children’s exposure to violence. The report emphasizes prevention and intervention and underscores the importance … Continue reading
by Teresa Huizar, Executive Director of the National Children’s Alliance Read her blog here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/teresa-huizar/after-the-conviction-the-_b_1970729.html
Beth Keever, Cumberland county’s Chief District Court Judge and the Child Advocacy Center’s Board Chairwoman, receives national award. Click here to read the article from Fayetteville Observer staff writer Paul Woolverton.