Organizations and businesses can demonstrate their commitment to stopping child sexual abuse by participating in the Partner in Prevention program.
The following have all earned their Partner in Prevention Seal as of February 2016:
- Access Family Services
- Bella Children’s Center
- Benjamin Martin Elementary School
- Bordeaux Creative School
- Breezewood Healthcare
- Brown & Associates Investment Service
- Building Blocks Early Education Center-Cameron
- Building Blocks Early Education Center-Hope Mills
- Building Blocks Early Education Center-Raeford
- Camp Dixie
- Camp Rockfish
- Cape Fear Botanical Gardens
- Cape Fear Valley First Adventures Child Development Center
- Cape Fear Valley Pediatric Care
- CCS Psychological Services
- CCS Social Work Services
- CCSO Special Victims Unit
- Child Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Clinical Social Work Practice
- Communities in School of Cumberland County
- Cozy Corner CDC
- Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc.
- Cumberland County Dept. Public Health
- Cumberland County Dept. Social Services
- Cumberland County Family Court Office
- Cumberland County Public Library & Info Center Youth Services
- Family Member Behavioral Health (FMBH)
- Fayetteville Academy
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation
- Fayetteville Family Justice
- Fayetteville Family Life Westmont Center
- Fayetteville Police Department
- Fuller Recreation Center
- Garden of Eden Childcare and Dev. Center
- Great Oaks Youth Development
- Hay Street UMC Preschool
- Haymount UMC Preschool, Inc.
- Head Start
- Jump Start University EDC
- Kids First Pediatrics of Raeford and Fayetteville
- KidsPeace Foster Care and Community Programs
- Kidz Kastle
- Kute & Kreative Kidz Learning Center, Inc.
- Lafayette Baptist Church- Wee Care
- Lighthouse & Biblical Counseling
- Little Angels Childcare and Dev. Ctr.
- Middle Creek Creative School
- New Beginnings Academy & Youth Development Center
- Northwood Temple Academy
- Owl’s Academy
- Pamper, Hug and Luv Learning Center, Inc
- Partnership for Children
- Prime Time
- S & T WeCare, Inc.
- Safe Schools Coordinators CCS
- Sandy Ridge CC
- Simon Temple AME Zion Church
- SLPD Detectives
- Social Work Department of Methodist University
- St. Andrews Academy
- St. John’s Preschool
- Stedman Baptist Church Daycare
- The Art of Learning
- The Climbing Place
- The Museum of the Cape Fear
- The Pillar of Faith Christian HDC
- United States Army JFK Special Warfare Center and School (Airborne) SHARP Program
- Village Baptist PreschoolC. Berrien Elem. School
A Partner in Prevention Commitment Includes:
Making prevention a priority by training staff and volunteers using the Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children curriculum. Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children is a national child sexual abuse prevention training curriculum for adults, which is evidence-based and makes an impact. The training is provided in Cumberland County by the Child Advocacy Center at no charge.
Conducting criminal background checks on staff and/or volunteers who work with youth.
Implementing policy that limits opportunities for one adult to be alone with one child.
Organizations completing the Partner in Prevention qualifications receive an emblem, awarded by Darkness to Light that they may proudly display.
By becoming a Partner in Prevention, organizations can set themselves apart with a distinction that shows their dedication to child sexual abuse prevention. Parents can use the Partner in Prevention distinction to help them choose youth-serving organizations that have created an environment that prioritizes protection of children from potential sexual abuse.
Any organization is eligible to become a Partner in Prevention. Criteria for completion vary somewhat based on the following three categories:
- Organizations that provide direct services to youth, and the adults who work with children are primarily volunteers (For example: churches, mentoring programs and recreation/sports programs.)
- Organizations that provide direct services to youth, and the adults who with children are primarily employees (For example: schools, daycares, libraries.)
- Organizations that do not provide direct services to youth (For example: police departments, civic organizations and corporations.)
To learn more about the specific criteria for your organization and to begin the process of becoming a Partner in Prevention call the Child Advocacy Center @ (910) 486-9700.