Organizations and businesses can demonstrate their commitment to stopping child sexual abuse by participating in the Partner in Prevention program.
The Following Organizations have become Partners in Prevention through the Child Advocacy Center’s training:
- Andrews Academy
- Bella Children Center
- Bordeaux Creative Schools
- Brown & Associates Investment Services
- Building Blocks Early Education Center – Cameron
- Building Blocks Early Education Center – Hope Mills
- Building Blocks Early Education Center – Raeford
- Camp Dixie
- Camp Rockfish
- Cape Fear Botanical Gardens
- Child Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Communities in Schools of Cumberland County
- Cozy Corner Child Development Center
- Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc.
- Cumberland County Family Court Office
- Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation Department
- Fayetteville Family Justice Center
- Fayetteville Family Life – Westmont Center
- Find a Friend
- John D. Fuller Recreation Center
- Garden of Eden Child Care (Raeford, NC)
- Hay Street United Methodist Church Preschool
- Head Start of Cumberland County
- Jump Start University Early Development Center
- Kidz Kastle
- Lafayette Baptist Church – Wee Care
- Lighthouse & Biblical Counseling Center
- Little Angels Child Care (Raeford, NC)
- Museum of the Cape Fear
- New Beginnings Academy & Youth Development Center
- Owl’s Academy
- Pamper, Hug and Luv Learning Center, Inc.
- Partnership for Children
- Cumberland County Schools Prime Time
- Safe Schools Coordinators of Cumberland County Schools
- Sandy Ridge Child Care
- Spring Lake Police Department Detectives Unit
- St. John’s Episcopal Church Preschool
- T. C. Berrien Elementary School
- The Art of Learning Center
- The Climbing Place
- Village Baptist Preschool
A Partner in Prevention Commitment Includes:
- Making prevention a priority by training staff and volunteers using the Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children curriculum. Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children is a national child sexual abuse prevention training curriculum for adults, which is evidence-based and makes an impact. The training is provided in Cumberland County by the Child Advocacy Center at no charge.
- Conducting criminal background checks on staff and/or volunteers who work with youth.
- Implementing policy that limits opportunities for one adult to be alone with one child.
Organizations completing the Partner in Prevention qualifications receive an emblem, awarded by Darkness to Light that they may proudly display.
By becoming a Partner in Prevention, organizations can set themselves apart with a distinction that shows their dedication to child sexual abuse prevention. Parents can use the Partner in Prevention distinction to help them choose youth-serving organizations that have created an environment that prioritizes protection of children from potential sexual abuse.
Any organization is eligible to become a Partner in Prevention. Criteria for completion vary somewhat based on the following three categories:
- Organizations that provide direct services to youth, and the adults who work with children are primarily volunteers (For example: churches, mentoring programs and recreation/sports programs.)
- Organizations that provide direct services to youth, and the adults who with children are primarily employees (For example: schools, daycares, libraries.)
- Organizations that do not provide direct services to youth (For example: police departments, civic organizations and corporations.)
To learn more about the specific criteria for your organization and to begin the process of becoming a Partner in Prevention call the Child Advocacy Center @ (910) 486-9700.